We are recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us as a Creative Film Maker & Content Producer. This is a full-time, fixed-term 12 month post.
The creative film maker and content producer will support us by telling the story of InGAME and the gaming industry within the city of Dundee and beyond. The closing date for applications is 29th January 2022.
Working with a project team of researchers, including a Social Media Intern, our aim is to authentically promote the project, the scale of the local games industry and innovation we have helped deliver with multiple partners through interdisciplinary approaches. With an increasing focus on storytelling through a multi-channel format covering traditional and social media, the objective is to build a positive InGAME reputation synonymous with the investment of the £11M Creative Economy Cluster programme and its significant contribution to the UK economy.
Your priorities will include:
- Leading on the creative aspects of the film making process and production, ranging from short films for social media to documentary films and/or animation
- Documenting and weaving engaging stories about our work
- Directing, shooting and editing content on location, to a limited budget and within varied timescales
- Collaborate with external, specialist teams and other InGAME stakeholders to tell the best stories
Who we're looking for:
- Postgraduate education (Masters or PhD) in a relevant field or with equivalent experience.
- Must have proven high-level experience in producing and editing engaging content in a variety of formats including for multi-platform distribution (inc. social media).
- Proven experience in short-form documentary filmmaking, editing and production.
- Experience working directly with clients at all levels of film understanding.
- Evidence of creating and sharing stories
- The full person specification can be found here.
About InGAME & DJCAD
Led by Abertay University, in partnership with the University of Dundee, the University of St Andrews, InGAME delivers innovative research and R&D support to games companies in the city of Dundee and beyond. InGAME is part of the Creative Industries Cluster Programme, funded by the Arts & Humanities Research Council and part of the Industrial Strategy. We also receive significant funding from the Scottish Funding Council.
This role will be directly employed by Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design (DJCAD). Regarded as one of the top Art and Design colleges in the UK, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design (DJCAD) continues to be at the forefront of creativity and innovation – both on a local and global platform. With world-wide credibility for first-class teaching and research, a plethora of accolades and a proud tradition of producing graduates who go on to be experts in their field, DJCAD offers a strong academic and creative culture that supports and encourages personal development in teaching and scholarship.
We are one of the UK’s leading universities – internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Conveniently located on the banks of River Tay, our main city-centre campus is at the heart of Dundee – an up-and-coming, friendly, compact and affordable city with a rich heritage in design and technology. We also have campuses at Ninewells Hospital and in Kirkcaldy which are easily accessible via local transport links.
For further information about this position please contact Catherine Cavanagh.